AuthPoint capabilities continuously improve, and a host of new features were recently added that make our MFA solution even more flexible, easy to manage, and secure. The latest enhancements include:
- AuthPoint Gateway HA – Gives customers full high availability (HA) of on-premises services such as RADIUS and AD authentication. With this feature, users can have one primary gateway and up to 5 other gateways in the location of their choice. If the first goes down, the next one will take over automatically ensuring high availability for authentication services.
- Backup and Restore for Mobile 3rd party Tokens – With this feature, users can now add their own personal mobile tokens (e.g. social media, personal DropBox account) to the AuthPoint app and back up these 3rd party personal tokens. For example, if a user gets a new phone or loses a phone, no problem; the tokens will be easy to restore in their new device.
- Advanced Search for Users – Advanced search for AuthPoint enhances user management capabilities by enabling better, easier search functionality. Account administrators can now search logs using a variety of attributes; for example, if you want to list all users that haven’t activated their tokens yet or users that, status of users, users with blocked tokens, by group, users in quarantine, and more.
- Advanced Search on the Hardware Token Screen -This feature enables admins to search using hardware token attributes such as status, serial number, activation and creation date, and user information. This is especially useful for companies distributing a larger number of hardware tokens to users.
- AuthPoint Push Tracking – Unlike many other solutions in the market, AuthPoint offers push tracking. This allows admins to track the status of a push. For example, if a user complains that he/she did not receive a push, the admin can look in the audit logs to see the status of the push.
- New AuthPoint Integrations: Concur redirection, Meraki Dashboard, KnowBe4, LogMeIn, OneLogin, Zoho, Citrix ShareFile, GitLab, Rakurakuseisan, Zendesk
What is Multi-factor authentication (MFA)
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an authentication method in which a computer user is granted access only after successfully presenting two or more pieces of evidence (or factors) to an authentication mechanism: knowledge (something the user and only the user knows), possession (something the user and only the user has), and inherence (something the user and only the user is)
See the Infographic on your Return On Investment or take an online tour
The Firebox T35-R provides high-performance, enterprise-grade security beyond traditional office settings and to industrial internet of things (IIoT).
WatchGuard® Technologies, a global leader in network security and intelligence, secure Wi-Fi and multi-factor authentication, today announced the release of the Firebox T35-R. This industrially hardened, network security appliance allows midmarket businesses, distributed enterprises, and the managed service providers that support them, to extend WatchGuard’s industry-leading security services and performance beyond traditional office and data center settings to protect against malware, intrusions and other threats in the industry’s harshest environments.
Continue reading “New Ruggedized Network Security Appliance.”
excited to announce the availability of our newest user-focused security
service, DNSWatchGO. WatchGuard DNSWatchGO provides DNS-level protection and
content filtering that keeps your business safe from phishing, ransomware, and
other attacks even when your user is outside of the network, without requiring
Continue reading “DNSWatchGO and Passport”
Getting good feedback on service and products is essential for companies to make sure they deliver at least what is expected from their customers. Not that this should be the bar but could be a baseline to build from.
We recently received such feedback from a Partner Infinity Connect and well we had to make a scene. Infinity Connect supplies a comprehensive range of cutting-edge Internet solutions which includes, Optic Fibre broadband, Voice Over IP, Virtual Private Servers, Licenced, and Unlicensed Wireless as well as LTE-Advanced.
Continue reading “SpamTitan overachieve”
Financing your firewall through Robinson Distribution
Having a secure network is crucial for a successful and safe business. You need to secure your staff and equipment against a variety of threats with the intent to disrupt and cripple your business. For this, you need the best in class security with Total protection.
Continue reading “Finance your Firewall Device”
For the third consecutive year, WatchGuard has achieved a “Recommended Rating” in the NSS Labs Next-Generation Firewall Group Test. In the new report for 2019, WatchGuard earned high-security effectiveness and low total cost of ownership and is one of the only two products to block 100% of evasions.
All WatchGuard Firebox appliances in the UTM and NGFW family run the same Fireware operating system and security services and thus benefit from the same efficacy, stability, performance and total cost of ownership strengths. Engineered for midsize and distributed enterprises that are struggling to effectively and affordably secure networks in the face of explosive bandwidth rates, encryption traffic, video use, and connection speeds, WatchGuard delivers total protection and visibility that is easy-to-deploy and manage.
Download the complete report now to see why WatchGuard is rated with the highest combination of security efficacy and total cost of ownership.
Fireware 12.5 – General Availability
We are pleased to announce that Fireware 12.5 and the corresponding
WSM 12.5 software are now Generally Available (GA) for download from
the WatchGuard software download center. The Release
Notes provide full details on enhancements and resolved issues. With each
new feature release, we also provide a What’s New presentation and webinar recording that provide a comprehensive
explanation of the new capabilities. Here are some of the key highlights:
- Access Portal has been updated to provide reverse proxy support for internally hosted applications, including common Microsoft services like Outlook Web Access and Exchange. This capability provides VPN access without requiring a client, and a convenient single sign-on portal that can provide an additional layer of multi-factor authentication.
- The password override feature in web blocker is now integrated with Active Directory, allowing users to use their existing credentials when web pages are blocked.
- The Warn page in Web blocker is now customizable so admins can generate messages that are specific to their organization.
Does this release pertain to
Fireware 12.5 is available for all Firebox T and Firebox M appliances. The
Access Portal service is only available on Firebox M appliances.
Software Download Center
Firebox appliance owners with active support subscriptions can obtain the Fireware 12.5 update without additional charge by downloading the applicable packages from the WatchGuard software download center.
For Sales or Support questions, you can find us online. If you need WatchGuard Technical Support, please feel free to contact support.
Download your Disaster Recovery Template
What we learned or was forced to learn in South Africa was that power is not always a given and it can go off at any time. With power being unstable businesses had to look at alternatives to ensure their hard-earned data is protected when the lights go out. For this reason, more and more customer looked at systems that can be recovered in an instant with limited to no downtime.
Continue reading “Steps to Create an effective Disaster Recovery Plan”
According to the 2019 Verizon Data Breach Investigation Report, a full third of cyber attacks involve phishing tactics. While there is evidence that employee education and phishing prevention solutions are effective in stopping basic phishing attempts, attackers have responded by making phishing emails more sophisticated and convincing. Examples include targeted spear phishing messages based on victim’s social media posts, phishing via text messages, sextortion, and creating fake login pages for legitimate web sites. Users are always the weakest link in security, and that’s why it’s more important than ever for organizations to train their employees to spot phishing attempts.
Continue reading “How to Prevent Employees From Falling For Phishing Attacks”
The new Vembu BDR Suite v4.0.1 release includes significant enhancements and bug fixes that are geared towards performance improvement. Also, this release addresses the issues reported by customers on the previous build v4.0 and includes the following enhancements:
Continue reading “Vembu BDR Suite v4.0.1”